[BD21] SUPERGAME BAKEDOWN 2021 !!!

yeah – as others have noted above (and many more through a discord i shared it on) level 10 is uniquely difficult. other players were getting to level 20+ without solving it. through your walkthrough (and a video of someone recording their play session) i do think i know why it’s so difficult.

don’t read this if you don’t want most of a solution, but the line of thinking most people get stuck in assumes that all reordering has to happen in the bottom left area, but they fail to consider there’s slightly more space than that. i also think that since the fatal mistake can happen so early in the puzzle, people follow dead-end lines for quite a while without making progress. i’m almost certain i would make these mistakes too if i hadn’t made this puzzle. the sequence of moves is too strict, and it’s hard to visualize since the areas are broken up. it also doesn’t help that i introduce a new door here and new mechanic (pushing teleporters), so people can easily assume they’re just missing something with the mechanics.

i’m def going to make a different level to fill the “intro to pushing teleporters” slot and move this one later or mark it as optional/hard or shave it down a bit – i think i got too excited iterating on it (and i iterated on it pretty late in the level design cycle so i had internalized a lot by this point). basically 90% of people thought it was too hard or couldn’t figure it out, or didn’t know what deductions they used to solve and it felt like “trial and error”, and 10% said they liked the puzzle but yes it was tricky.

thanks for your feedback; sorry that i didn’t give you more of a warning for 10!

2 Likes