Awesome lady rockers

That’s the ticket.

I still haven’t been able to bring myself to read Kim Gordon’s biography. I did try listening to Trees Outside the Academy last night for the first time since I realized what most of the songs are about, and man, that’s a downer.

Body/Head is the best of the SY splinter stuff so far (followed by Lee’s albums [does that Neu! “reunion” with Steve count?])

https://vk.com/video158375063_170240713
Also a strong candidate for the ‘Favorite Internet Video’ thread. She usually plays drums and sings which is #whoawow

I saw Screaming Females open for a band a few years back and that lady sure can shred and scream.

1 Like

I’m all about Laurie Sargent

Youth Code is perpetually one album away from being a band I like, but they’re fun live anyways!

1 Like

this song popped up on my spotify random & maybe m just feeling sentimental today but i got choked up. not b/c its a sad or weighty emotional song (its joyous if anything!) but just because of how pure fucking good it is

1 Like

(I saw them on that tour. Black and white doesn’t do Marsha’s hair justice)

2 Likes

I’m not going to claim that I’m a long-time follower of these bands (they’re songs I just listened to from this playlist), but these lady rock songs are pretty rad

K.Flay - Blood In The Cut

Deap Vally - Gonnawanna

The Coathangers - Perfume

and I don’t know how Courtney Barnett hasn’t gotten a song in here but

Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener

Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian at Best

2 Likes

1 Like

kittie (nu metal)

decola hopping (fairy metal?)

light bringer (power metal)

arch enemy (angela gossow version) (death metal)

arch enemy (alissa white-gluz version) (still death metal)

pythia (folk/power metal)

alhambra (power metal)

king woman!

Did anyone mention Alabama Shakes?

2 Likes

The awesomest lady rocker is BIM BIBI