Arcade rhythm games are actually tests for mecha control systems

Good job on 8th Dan!

Also don’t feel too bad about your stance, a lot of my friends do the same thing tbh.

Sound Voltex III is getting a home release over e-AMUSEMENT Cloud. I was tempted to build a PC for Overwatch recently, and this might be the thing to push me over the edge. Official controller is also in the works and will be shown at JAEPO over the weekend.

Most Bemani games actually use Very Minimalist hardware Choices and you can get away with buying an Optiplex, Thowing in a Radeon 2400 (A GPU thats like $10ish, but is also what they use for their HD based Games so ALL of Sound Voltex), installing XP Embedded and congrats, you got a Bemani PC for under $200.

Build yourself a nice gaming PC for Overwatch, Sound Voltex will run on it. If you need Graphic Cards ideas, there is like a user made Google Sheets files that people have tested and put in their thoughts on how well a graphics card worked for what game

Well in general eacloud stuff tends to have broader software support than the arcade software does so I’m not worrying too much about it. I just hope it doesn’t turn out as disappointing as INFINITAS did, because that was a trainwreck.

Oh I know, but like, Getting a Bemani Game to run on a PC isn’t that hard was mostly my point, the only Hiccups I remember in Recent history was back when PW was still a thing, The People Who Ran PW required that all Machines use the same hardware so they could troubleshoot issues more easily, then Pop’n Music Lapistoria came out and ran like shit on it all lmao.

Also INFINTAS, I’m glad in a way I never bothered getting into it. Would much rather have a Round 1 with Sinobuz around, too bad they don’t exist in Ohio c’:

The Konami Arcade Championship is this weekend, and for the very first time, the United States were given their own region for the DDR tournament. It could be argued that the best DDR players in recent years have been in the US, so having them be a part of the tournament this year is a big deal. The finals are happening Saturday 14:35 Japan Time (Sat 00:35 ET, Fri 7:35pm PT, Sat 5:35am GMT) on this stream.

usa won ddr kac, i cried

i cleared 8dan again, this time in red cs. makes it feel a little more official since i’ve cleared it in two places? thanks for the congratulations!

sdvx pc is really neat and i’m really interested in giving it a shot

i’ve been subscribed to infinitas since the beginning and it’s definitely underwhelming but i’m really into it, it has a kinda big song selection now and it’s so nice to have a legit way to play songs at home beyond iidx16. the timing is spotty, though – when it’s solid, it feels good, but it seems to go out of whack a lot. i’m not sure if it’s the game or my monitor or just my computer but it’s definitely harder to get aaas in infinitas than when i play ps2 cs on a crt

since sdvx pc is a cs release of sdvx iii, i think it gives them a much stronger foundation compared to infinitas where they just kinda…made their own thing from scratch. idk. i have somewhat high hopes

I just have access to arcade releases and a couple of different private servers. I find infintas fairly moot when I can really just load up a version of Copula with all the removed songs added back in. What I’d love most is to play at a public arcade on the real network, but what I have for me I feel is second best.

I also bought a thing. No regrets.

first 10 aaa :happig:

oh yeah and i also cleared my first 12 a while ago, don’t think i posted about that. jacks aplenty

1 Like

Congrats!

Coincidentally I just found out two days ago that my local LAN center that had the Jubeat machine now also has some version of Pop’n, IIDX Copula, and Sound Voltex 3. They are all $1 per play and I still don’t feel like paying that, so maybe I’m part of the reason why arcades died.

thanks!!

you mentioned going to magfest in the past – any chance you’re talking about the cave in fairfax?

Wha-

Are you hacking into my cell phone camera and seeing where I go?

(Yes, the Cave.)

just inferring based on my knowledge of all the iidx cabs in the continental us :spy:

i stopped by there a couple of weeks ago passing through nova on the way to philly. can’t speak to any of the other machines, but their iidx machine had the volume turned down real low and no headphone amp modded into the system so it was really difficult to play on for me. also no bass platform? that really messed w me, couldn’t find a good position to stand in

like it’s cool it’s there and i’m stoked i got to beat a song in copula that i wasn’t able to beat while i was in japan last summer! really stoked on that. but like damn it’s a music game i gotta hear the music yknow

Well I think they’ve got amps now; I saw something that looked like an amp sitting on the cabinet. They also got some louder speakers setup on the side and you can hear IIDX from everywhere (to detriment of everyone else in the building). I also found out they run a special music game night on Tuesdays where it’s $15 for free play on all the machines from the evening until 2am. Not a bad deal! If only it wasn’t the same night as the fighting game meetups!

So if you’re ever in the area and want to stop by again Tuesdays might be a good day for that!

1 Like

ty for the heads up!!

Bumping because new IIDX was Announced

BeatmaniaIIDX 25 Cannon Ballers

https://remywiki.com/AC_CANNON_BALLERS

I…I wish this was a joke. It looks so ugly wtf.

A lot of people said they liked it better after seeing an image of the poster and the UI. The UI Looks like a revamped Tricoro and the Poster looks ugly too. I’m just glad that when this one comes out I’ll have access to Sinobuz and am excited as shirt for that, but I’m not looking forward to this one at all.

I’m at least enjoying the memes people are putting out with this. Warning, here they are (Well at least my favorites, there was a lot of Cock, Ball, and Ass jokes too):

I’ll have to do a part two some other time

3 Likes

I was memeing too

2 Likes

i’m trying to clear some sort of 9dan course by the end of the year, i’m starting to clear more 11s and i’m failing but improving my scores on 12s. trying to get better at reading density. playing on random most of the time. iidx is hard

I may be going to the wrong sites for discovering DDR stepfiles for Stepmania 5 that are actually playable on a pad by someone who can barely hold his way through an 8 step on a good day. Anybody here know where to find modern song mixes so I can get more variety beyond “anime,” “video game,” “worse anime” and the older DDR releases?

is this old scale or new scale (DDR X~)

If you can endure wading through Zenius -I- vanisher, their forums seem to be the most active place for Legit Pad Simfiles nowadays according to the handful of simfile enthusiasts I asked on Twitter

edit: https://twitter.com/RI74TA/status/916099928392327168

1 Like