Anime Hearthstone

After some ranked games tonight, I can confirm that Gourmet Emperor Khaiza (and therefore the Ultimate Carrot) is my favorite card in Shadowverse. Tempted to transmute vials into my third copy, but this is a card like works better as a 2 of?

Are you only allowed to post in this thread if you have an anime avatar? What the heck

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will check it out

After three hours I can say that this is really nice. I don’t know if I’ll be playing it longterm yet but I linked my Steam version to the android version, so I’ll at least always have the opportunity to play. If you’d like to add me, my ID is:
931 704 656

Mine is: 175 863 520 / flair is Kaervek

Runecraft is such an uphill match. I roll my eyes everytime I see Time Worn Mage Levi hitting the table and you are never sure if you are winning or getting the upper hand in card advantage because there is always the possibility of them dropping Daria and getting ahead of you.

Oh well, I think I am going to spend some time more this week in Take Two. Got some fairly good runs last time.

Thanks, I saw you added me!

This game is pretty brutal. I can make it to exactly stage 7 with Arisa and Erika before I get wr3ck3d. I’m assuming it will be the same for the other characters and that that’s the stage where you’re supposed to throw away your crappy default deck and “get real”

In other news, I lost two unranked matches with the default Forestcraft deck and then went to ranked and won. Yay!

Yeah, the AI isn’t particularly “good” at the game, but its deck improvements will greatly outpace yours when you’re starting out. Its recommendation to try other characters when you lose is half “learn the game” advice and half “get more gold to get more cards.”

1 Like

Yeah, the generic cards like the goliath or the warrior start getting outpaced as you progress through the story mode. Only the 2/6 with Ward is word keeping if you don’t have anything to replace it with. Replacing those vanillas with the faction cards you get during story mode and whatever you have opened with your free tickets is a good way to gain an edge.

In general for story mode, I found that the IA is not very good at trading, so trying to get as much favorable trades as possible to grind it hand down work. That and making sure you have some plays for the first turns.

I am at a point when I want to have a second craft to play with and I am not sure what to pick. I am comfortable playing Shadowcraft even if it’s badly positioned in the meta right now. But beyond that I am not sure what to pick. I am torn between Runecraft (because I have legendaries already) or Bat Aggro Bloodcraft because it looks like fun, but I don’t have any of the gold cards required.

1 Like

So some cards from the next set have leaked and:

Soul Guardian Minthe
Rarity: Legendary Class: Shadowcraft Type: Follower
4pp 3/4
Fanfare: Your cards with Necromancy don’t use Shadows. If this card is removed from play, you lose this ability. (Cards with Necromancy will activate its effects regardless of current number of Shadows, and will not consume any Shadows)

Holy moly, I am sure this is not going to be that awesome because you cannot expect it to play it on curve and live for one turn and to play it with something else to take advantage you need to wait at least for turn 6 (this card + resentment). But still, jeeeez.

So kinda like Bloodcraft’s Bloody Mary – if you play her on curve, it’s to bait the opponent into using removal tools or trading away big followers out of fear of what happens next turn.

I’m 637 710 381!

What’s the deal with Havencraft players on ranked quitting as soon as the game starts?

Not sure, but I’ve seeing a lot of matches lately with Havencraft and Dragoncraft that either they quit after spending a ton of time in their first turn or they do absolutely nothing in the first turns. Maybe they have a combo deck and only play the matches when they have a killer hand? At low ranks the points you lose for losing the match are not really significative, so it may be a way to climb ranks fast.

You mean like this dude?

Yeah, that’s the original one. But thanks to university now the word ‘Erasmus’ brings to my mind different stuff. Mostly memories of people bragging about how much party they had that year and photos of people cooking paella in a flat in Berlin.

Never got to join the Erasmus program myself, shame.

I did join it on my last year. Since it feels sad to say it was the best year of my life I’ll just say it was the period of my life where I had the largest density of vivid life experiences.

Which is why it kinda pisses me off when people conflate all Erasmus students with loud, partying drunkards (of which, admitedly, there are also a fair amount of but still forming that impression from a loud subset of people is always pretty ignorant)

Not saying you were doing that, ofc, but I’ve encountered a fair share of idiots who think along those lines and it’s always pretty irksome.

Anyway yeah, Shadowverse. I may install this and give it a try. I wouldn’t normally be interested in yet another f2p card game but specific mechanics for each class

Yeah, can see that. In my degree (Physics) almost all Erasmus did it to get some classes with teachers that were not absolute jackasses (we had plenty of them) or to try the college where they aimed for their PhD. But as you say, the cliche is there and I always remember the Muchachada Nui sketch about that.

On topic:

Pity it doesn’t nerf last word, it would be an interesting tech against Havencraft amulets.

They are going to give 8 RoB boosters to celebrate 8 millions downloads starting tomorrow I think?

As a sidenote, the nerf of piercing rune has not decreased the popularity of Runecraft Daria one bit. I play like three matches a day after dinner and I can see like three or four Timeworn Mage Levi per session. I am thankful turn 4 is not “mage + evo + crimson + piercing rune” anymore, but mage plus crimson magic is still a lot of tempo in one play.

I’ve just got out of the tutorial and got a bunch of tickets I can use to redeem for card packs. Should I get Standard Card Packs or Darkness evolved packs? Or should I just wait until I go through the story mode?

Wait, never mind, they are different currencies for different packs. I am pretty overwhelmed by this game so far.

My tip would be to use the pack tickets you are given by the game as you get them, but hold onto gold you’re awarded for the time being. The next expansion should be out soon and it’s possible that the meta will get shaken up significantly, so it’s probably a better investment to put that gold towards those packs once they’re available.

I think, for now at least, I am going to play as much of the story as possible to get a feel for the game and mechanics and will venture out to get wrecked in multiplayer later.

Accept my friend request and crush me for free currency: 246 512 187 and my username is Miskatonik.

1 Like