Animating with box art (cw: strobing)

I’m collecting a series of specific box art elements, resizing and repositioning them to make these gifs. Hoping to turn it into a larger interactive project.

Here are some others. https://imgur.com/gallery/bNnUdcL

I have a big list of other stuff I’m collecting but l’d love to hear some other common box art elements that might work well. I just found some good stuff in the the dope box art thread.

33 Likes

This is fuckin rad

2 Likes

I bet you could take shootguy through all 7 stages of grief

11 Likes

More people need to follow that link. I love how the images blur into animated movements. The motorcycle is especially rad. I wonder if you could make a rainbow gif with the Pokémon box art. Are there enough jetski games to make one out of those? Could Tony Hawk games be arranged to look like a complete trick?

I’ve got a bunch of skateboards but it would be hard to animate a character with all the different camera angles and art styles. Too many limbs involved too. Rigid stuff works better.

Here are the motorcycles. Didn’t want to post all the gifs together here because more than one looping on screen at once is a little nauseating.

Some others (pyramids, eyeballs, heads) in this twitter moment:

8 Likes

Quick jet ski test. Not great but considering how little I had to work with, I was surprised it kind of works. Could be missing some games that have a jet ski on the box but aren’t jet ski racing games.

2 Likes

I am in awe

Give this man the Congressional Medal of Honor

1 Like