all things #shrugpunk

this may come as a surprise but I don’t actually spend my free time finding and privately cataloguing everything that can irritate me in detail

1 Like

I read a KJ Parker book once. They obviously did A Lot of Research but then felt a need to somehow inflect what they detailed with some sort of fantasy element unique to the setting? So they had a dude constructing steel swords in a European Pattern Welded way, but instead of forge welding the pieces together into a homogenousish piece they basically laid everything together then filled the gaps in with some kind of special silver solder.

The details of the when and how of heat treatment were a little slippery, I think. This was a major point of the story and wound up driving me a bit nuts trying to parse and make it make actual sense.

I tried to read that book and it was way too dark for me in like, the first chapter. Just couldn’t do it.

so yeah

yeah, its a very well written book but you will know if you can stomach it within… 2 paragraphs of the prologue.

You literally do

1 Like

well not all of it

1 Like

Are we talking about detailed sexual assault? That’s around my limit of unpleasant, but I am otherwise interested.

yes, its unpleasant stuff, hence why I can’t really recommend it even though I think the book is good.

I’ll probably read it anyways because I am a sucker

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LiveCutCorner

oh no

1 Like

Oh no

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

this is literally impossible

3 Likes

5 Likes