all things #shrugpunk

that way they’re double invisible

2 Likes

885d84d6-25da-4fd4-a5b5-16d82e422d5d

9 Likes

6 Likes

why do i always forget to read this thread

also re: “prestige objects of power” it just seems like bad archaeology to assume a society for some reason developed an elaborate system of using weapons as symbolic representations of power in burials yet never actually used real versions of those weapons for killin’ folk.

why would a weapon symbolize power if it could not also… be powerful…

1 Like

4 Likes

Yeah idk this weird idea may have been confined to Denmark or Scandinavia. There’s just a whole lot of skeletal proof of weapon-based violence, even cannibalism in parts of Greenland. Then again, maybe people only started looking at skeletons for trauma 30 years ago? That seems wild, I want to look into this more

Edit: ok so the whole article is a little more nuanced (they didn’t think there were large-scale battles, just small skirmishes) but still dang. Maybe they were trying to contextualize the magnitude of finding a battle site this dense and went a little too far.

3 Likes

6 Likes

L-lol

5 Likes

I’m hoping for more of a spiritual fission

2 Likes

I’m ashamed to say I had to look up intromission

Oh, I just assumed you took a little break in the middle

6 Likes

Same

If it’s not a little break then I maintain that obelisk lays out the course of an abnormal marital act

Seems to me the self gratification obelisk would be more structurally sound, being constructed of fewer separate pieces? Also can’t help but notice the climax is larger relative to its overall size as well.

5 Likes
3 Likes

:no_mouth: