all things #shrugpunk

https://twitter.com/NatEveryWord/status/956988613828530177

1 Like

3 Likes

uh

3 Likes

And?

1 Like

Before the 1990s, “for a long time we didn’t really believe in war in prehistory,” DAI’s Hansen says. The grave goods were explained as prestige objects or symbols of power rather than actual weapons. “Most people thought ancient society was peaceful, and that Bronze Age males were concerned with trading and so on,” says Helle Vandkilde, an archaeologist at Aarhus University in Denmark. “Very few talked about warfare.”

You’ll usually go broke betting on human people not having the capacity and will to be big old violent jerks en masse I guess.

1 Like

That does seem like a shockingly naive belief

1 Like

Last D&D game we sorta wound up talking around how fragmented evidence of ancient veneration of feminine whatevers (usually fertility related?) are used by some to project a whole overwhelming ancient idyllic matriarchal order that’s the polar opposite of the world we’re now living in. Surely the people who made these statues made them in a world where men were not big ol’ violent territorial jerks!

It is a nice thought to have I guess.

Meanwhile

doing The Important Work

People getting grants for stuff youtubers would happily do for free

Gotta have a college education to stab dead pigs now. This is what the intelligentsia have done to this country!

I’ve actually had to stop eating pork because of this thread

2 Likes

if one gazes long into the hog, the hog surely shall gaze back

tom cruise keeps guilt tripping me into paying to see these movies instead waiting for the web-dl by repeatedly trying to kill himself making them

2 Likes

THE VITAL ANALYSIS WE’VE ALL BEEN CHAMPING AT THE BIT FOR

I don’t know where Easton gets the idea that Predators are supposed to be “highly trained” I always liked the idea that the ones we see are basically very rich space hillbillies on weekend he-man retreats

pz don’t @ me with details from comics I checked out from the library when I was 14 ok

2 Likes

Now you’re giving me ideas of Predators in an invisible blind but they still turn on their own invisibility for some reason.