album that came out recently thread

oh shit i should listen to that domi & jd beck album, didn’t realize they’d finally actually released a project. i’ve really enjoyed the various recordings of live performances ive seen from them in the past few years

i wish i liked my checkered future more, but i really can’t get into basically any act in the gecs-inspired bedroom production scene online. eichlers is a cool dude tho, and i’ve liked some of his tracks. god i still need to listen to that new catbite from last year and jer’s solo album from this year and the we are the union record from last year … i’m behind as shit on big ska releases recently

anyway after 4 years of no new shit (which i can only imagine they’ve done to inconvenience me specifically), Pool Kids finally put out their new (self-titled) effort! its REAL good, i think you owe it to yourself to check it out if you like their particular genre of mathy audiotreecore like This Town Needs Guns or Tricot. (also if you’re into that shit and haven’t heard their 2018 album Music to Practice Safe Sex To, i also think you should check that out, it was absolutely one of my favorite records that year) the production is pretty moody and … uh … underwater-…ey? which i wasn’t expecting cuz the singles they’d been teasing didn’t have that vibe atall but i’m into it

i also listened to that new J-Hope album Jack in the Box cuz its singles were pretty good and showed a genuine love for hip-hop (particularly Arson) … but it turns out besides the singles it’s actually mostly pop and pop rap, lmao. i wasn’t that into it, but Arson is still a good track, and MORE is oveall pretty good, even if i cannot stand how absolutely toothless the production on its hook is. i just vehemently despise every time a track is trying to seem cool and edgy by having guitars or yelling or a tiny bit of vocal fry but they make it sound so fucking sterile

3 Likes