Absolute Top Drawer Simpsons Moments (no duds)

st swithin’s day is the name of a grant morrison comic about a plot to assassinate thatcher

a moment i’ve always felt is under-appreciated:

6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I loved this bit as a tween, and–come to think of it–it’s probably had a pretty big impact on my own humor. A lot of my better joke runs come from digging deeper and deeper into the reality of a joke premise that at first appears to be a one-off comment.

1 Like
6 Likes
7 Likes

This is probably top 5 for me.

Just like the amazing Lionel Hutz business card bit cited earlier! I can’t remember, do the commentaries call that too-profoundly-stupid-to-be-witty wordplay out as a Swartzwelder bit?

1 Like
4 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s at least top 10 for me, ai think. Not sure who wrote it. They usually credit Swartzwelder with entire episodes and I think Mirkin is the one often cited as the genius of punch up, though obviously they all write and do punch up.

Omg, this is up there:

Think of this line all the time.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Oh yeah. These are golden.

In the Linewire days I downloaded the Planet of the Apes musical scene just to watch on it’s own.

I CAN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

1 Like

Chimpan-A to Chimpanzee is god tier.

“Play the piano anymore” has always bothered me, though, because it implies that he could before.

Omg, “I love you Dr. Zaeus” is so good.

3 Likes

hey BIGHEAD i want to watch all the good, early Simpsons, what season do you think should i stop at

1 Like

3-8 is generally considered the golden era. through 10 is good.

1 Like