A Cool Grotto Full of Bugs: Hollow Knight

I made it to Act III and I feel like I need to go back and read this thread because I remember people saying this is where they burned out

3 Likes

Picked the silksong up again and have the double jump. Feels like a lot got patched to make it easier in the two months I was away and I’m not complaining about that at all.

3 Likes

I think I’m going to drop the game but I won’t look up endings. I’ll just keep the remaining bits in the fridge, like a jar of raspberry preserves. There are two bosses I’m up against and I think they’re poorly designed. Their phases are monotonous and my hands actually hurt while I’m trying to play. Both start fine enough, but their whole gimmick is 4 or 5 phases of increasingly faster attack patterns. I guess that’s not really a gimmick. The game is just out of those now. I don’t think there’s any more to see in the game that’s similar to what I’ve enjoyed the most about it. I keep having to remind myself that I actually enjoyed this at one point.

I know I could beat these with enough practice, but after 45 hours (wth?) practice feels dull. I could be struggling to learn a skill that helps me make friends instead.

4 Likes

I’ll have people know that after complaining about this section to people online and in person, I came back to the game and beat the two annoying bosses within 30 minutes of each other. Tonight, I beat the Act 3 boss. The game says I completed 77% of it and I don’t really want to comb the game for any hidden delights. I definitely don’t want to look a checklist up.

Instead, I’ll ask you all to reply or dm with any cool side stuff you think I might have missed. In the end, I did not become embittered at the whole game. My favorite part of the game was navigating new areas, choosing who to fight and who to run from. Naturally, I enjoyed it less once there were no new areas left. It’s still good and I’ll probably play the next thing they design.

6 Likes

In terms of stuff you personally might find cool but may have missed did you get the three listed hearts to unlock the act 3 end bit or did you find the hidden one? I mention it as the hidden one has its own unique area that isn’t super big but is fairly well developed.

1 Like

it’s a true metroid now

3 Likes

it’s also got the alien influences