Made it through the buzzsaw dream and now going through the motions of going through two boss fights to get the better ending. Kind of a bummer I can’t adjust charms to capitalize for each fight. Got a few more lingering upgrades like the final nail upgrade and nail arts just to get through them a little faster.
In silksong I made my way to a tube filling up with lava that I gotta metroid my way out of as the lava rises behind me, and I really think I should have gotten the double jump first, of course there’s a double jump but why did I not get it? Game does a lot to make me set it down.
The double jump is at the end of a somewhat annoying section, so that’s probably why.
After the coral tower I sorta switched to a “time to wrap this up” approach and made it to the “true”(?) final boss, took me 90 minutes across a couple days but finally put it down, was terrified the whole time that it’d end up as the first part of a boss rush with the giant thing in the background being the second one but fortunately the game wasn’t that cruel.
I know I missed a bunch of stuff (I never found one of the marked hearts ) but I’m just sick of series of locked room arena battles and ones that end in boss fights, I have a friend who thinks they are the game’s highlight but I just found them annoying and if a third game ever comes out I’m googling how heavy the game leans on those before jumping in again. I think doing the extra stuff to unlock the post-game was worthwhile, but I also think stopping at that point in retrospect was probably the better move.
Finally put the Radiance to rest and am happy enough to call Hollow Knight finished as I’m not to interested in 1 life boss challenges in the GodHome additions. Ready to jump into SilkSong once I get some time.
went the wrong way and got murdered within 5 seconds of starting silksong, 10/10
went through the wall? yeah, that was rough
Sat down for 3 hours to play Silksong. Got up to getting the parachute dress and beat a robot boss. Im jonesing for the wall slide/jump to complete my movement suite. The dive attack is a little annoying with the angle and active length of it being kinda short but it is fun to chain dives between enemy’s and bumper buds.
Sat down for 3 hours to play Silksong. Got up to getting the parachute dress and beat a robot boss. Im jonesing for the wall slide/jump to complete my movement suite. The dive attack is a little annoying with the angle and active length of it being kinda short but it is fun to chain dives between enemy’s and bumper buds.
Second session: Now I have the wall climb. Now we’re playing with power. The addition of sub weapons adds a lot and the boomerang is a dang champ at racking up hits. Sister splinter and the giant fly we’re probably my most retried bosses so far but the ant gauntlet probably took more runs to clear for me. The games difficulty feels mostly fine but it gets tiring keeping track of what counts as 2 or more damage vs 1. Its also getting kind of bad when terrain obstacles compound things if you get hit and fall in them.
oh yeah the sprint makes this a lot more interesting to control
i like how hornet really scampers and scuttles around; she feels more buglike than the knight
oh and the slow pivot when you change direction, very nice
Finally made it to act 2. Bosses in this game are starting to become assaults on my psyche with how deviously they are designed to make you think you can get more hits in between patterns. Took me about an hour to lock in and just weave though the Last Judge’s patterns.
this took me a lot longer than necessary cause i was told to collect spines (needles), but i was thinking too gory and thought i was collecting bone spines
a good friend of mine who has like 15% more mainstream taste than I do (always a valuable friend to have IMO because they really appreciate your more out there recommendations and they’ll actually indulge your curiosity about eg whether 2K is really fun competitively) finished this recently, and quoting him, said he really enjoyed it but is actively mad that this game is so popular bc of the precise ways it is austere and punishing. fun take coming from him.
The popularity of it is really immoderate and unreasonable. Like not that this game is overrated exactly, but it feels like its rightful place is to be a niche taste for true doom murderheads, instead of pseudo-mainstream
My partner has been ignoring my recommendation to try Animal Well, but then she somehow got discourse’d into buying this game. She gave up on the tutorial boss, and later she unspooled this whole rant on me on how unfair and unpleasant a number of things felt, just in that like 20 minutes of playtime. I was like well yeah
I had no desire to come back to this game once I returned from the meetup. That’s my Final Opinion of the bug sequel.
Hit an unreasonable difficult wall in the gauntlet fight for the conductor melody. I cam get through it pretty consistently but the final wave of two big guys is just untenable for the space they give you to play with. Its to RNG dependant on what attack cycles they pick between jump swings and big overhead swings. Did a quick peep at the wiki to see you can get NPC assistance if you do more map cleaning and do a board quest so now I’m chipping at that just so I don’t have to interact with that gauntlet.
Yeah the gauntlets in this game are rough, I know some people who enjoyed them but they are rather good at the game’s combat, I’d like them better if they only took me a few attempts too.
If you want to know how I got past the awful last stage of that particular gauntlet I just loaded up with the most damaging tools and equipment to boost them a bit and just launched all of them at one of them as it appeared, tanking a hit or possibly two just to wipe it within a few seconds and giving me a possible shot one on one with the other one.
I think what I take umbrage in this specific encounter is this being the only spot I’ve seen the heavy knight and they drop two on you near sight unseen in this tight space before letting you come to terms with their patterns outside of the endurance run setting.
Infuriating because Animal Well is perfect. I’ve spent two years going “what a game what a game.”



