90s game trailers

Bought it for the… Well, watch the trailer and you’ll know. Stayed for the great game

Battle cavemen, sumo wrestlers, cowboys and space marines all in one game!

This might have been a real trailer? I’m not sure. A friend and I were really excited for this game and it disappointed severely. Was some Dark Souls bullshit let me tell you

A classic.

Much better trailer (wait, is that Rob Zombie??) and much better game

Played this a little bit.

Played this religiously!

Bought it for the sex scenes, quit it because it was too scary. Made me a little bit scared of sex and I don’t know what that meant for me growing up

That voooice

Trying to be intense and Shakespearian!

Now, look at these two intros and see the similarities:

This is probable my legit most played and favorite game of the 90s. I replayed it every year, if not more than that, for several years. It takes you on a real journey. It gets crazier and crazier, darker, more supernatural, and by the time the climax is over and the credits roll you’re spent, emotionally drained and have to breathe for a minute. You probably played it all in one sitting, after all, because it’s just a couple hours long but hoo boy does it make good use of that time. I checked and it’s not on gog yet, which is a shame.
5 Likes

Feel free to post 90s game trailers itt! I wanna see it all

Hey little buddy, want a ride?
PIKACHU
Yeah, whatever!

… guess that was localized though? In any case, that was on TV, and talk of the town school.

still, most formative trailer moment of 199x in Germany/Yurop must be this Zelda OoT “trailer”

which could’ve been directed by Kojima, considering its length.

1 Like

That FF8 trailer is so cheesy, I love it!

And I’ve never seen N64 trailers I think. I wouldn’t know where. Were there mags that had trailer CDs?

I don’t know what that means?

Wellllll, maybe that was a german thing since Nintendo Yurop had a dependence close to Frankfurt iirc… they had produced some VHS demo-tapes you could get at your local games dealer… or rather, back then: toy store.

And that was basically what you were watching with your friends and siblings until you knew the whole lineup for god-knows-how-long. They even included some subplot there, like one of them took place in a submarine or a military station where games were blips on the radar or sth?
It was weird, and rad as hell.

That OoT-trailer music has been a short, connecting link to a girl i got to know on them interwebs back then. I wonder how she’s doing now, tbh!

1 Like

jeeez. you can watch them here!

enjoy the propaganda! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That reminds me of the first time I ever bought a “PC Games” magazine (no relation to the American “PC Games” I think??) because it had a cool looking 3D skeleton on the cover. The world of games that that revealed was amazing. Game footage on VHS blew my mind the first time I saw it, too.

1 Like

That I will! This is a case of get the Coke and chips out and enjoy the show

1 Like

Not exactly a trailer, but I still remember these N64 ads from back in the day:

2 Likes

@BLUE_BLACK_PURPLE I was referring to this Pokemon commercial

4 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty grim!

Oh god I remember this

I don’t remember it being quite so … horror movie-ish?

1 Like

Not quite 90s but holy hell Urban Yeti had a TV commercial??

EDIT:
Oh wow, the Urban Yeti website is on archive.org and held further secrets

5 Likes

187 on an undercover yeti

2 Likes

Too bad they couldn’t use the proportional fonts on this advertisement to make reading it a little more pleasurable. I am intrigued by the sound effects being so good that they are able to induce a synethesia-like experience.

Getting that yeti in the mocap suit must have been a real adventure

2 Likes

There is nothing more on brand for urban yeti than fucked up font choices and sizing, IMO.

2 Likes

What could have been…

(Would not have been as good as we got?)