絶体絶命都市4Plus -Summer Memories-

I am not sure I see what the appeal of these games is, what’s the hook?

1 Like

The appeal for me:

• Survival horror without the horror (or at least a different kind of horror).
  • Ambitious scale of destruction and environments that evolve as you go along.
  • A journey across a ruined city, picking up what tools you can find and helping people you encounter.
  • Amusing details.
  • It’s Irem, and they never let you down (except when they cancel their releases). I hope this remains true for Granzella.
9 Likes

yeah, i do not think this game demos well. i’ll probably wait till i can pick it up a bit cheaper. i didn’t have a bad time with the demo, and am always up for more of these.

Question for Granzella diehards; is City Shrouded in Shadow worth a look?

i started playing it like 4 days ago. hard to say cause of the language stuff, but it definitely felt like a bit of a step up budget wise.

oh and @Rudie played it here: Kyoei Toshi (Let's Play!)

1 Like

I played it for folks at Bumpass it is a treasure but only if you understand Japanese.

3 Likes

The only thing I want from this game is for everyone to be blonde.

1 Like

They have a lot of weird simulationy aspects that grant a lot of flavor to the scenarios, along with light choices and consequences.

Its pretty much a team doing something ambitious on no budget and getting away with it.

7 Likes

this game is £53.99 on switch. absurd.

You can’t tell easily from the videos I tried to take, but the way the the game handles varying levels of detail on PSVR is crazy. Kind of fun in its own way to move your head left and right to watch a sign and the floor phase in and out of sharpness. Same with the windows on the building. I can’t find much consistency on why something gets a higher level of detail or not. It’s definitely not based on whether you’re looking directly at it, because often times the detail increases as you turn your head away.

3 Likes

Some additional content for this game is (temporarily?) free. Mostly random costumes, but there are also a couple “epilogues.” Oddly, the first of these is free on its own but the second is not. However, there is a free bundle containing the second one.

Full list:

I’m planning to wait for a price drop to pick up the game itself.

Bought the bundle and it came with a few themes, one of which has a ballad playing in the background

I tried this demo.

This game allows you to be a creep towards women (and I assume only women) and it feels completely surreal when you’ve chosen a ~25 year old japanese salarywoman as the main character

1 Like

The second half of this trailer is the reason I’m going to buy this.

3 Likes

One of my favorite things about the demo (and presumably the full game) is that it starts with Christmas music and abstract falling snow despite the story taking place in the middle of the summer. And this trailer continues that theme.

The Santa Claus costume is one of the free ones. I went ahead and grabbed that.

3 Likes

This game is awesome and it owns extra hard if you have an OL fetish… like, I’m sorry but if you’ve never ever wanted to roleplay as a Japanese girl wearing one of those recruit suits… like if that does nothing for you…? Sorry but we can’t hang out.

4 Likes

The framerate is pretty rough on Switch but I rationalize buying it by telling myself it adds a sense of gravity to the collapsing environment like slow motion explosions during shmup boss deaths.

6 Likes

They should make one of these except your a civilian in an Earth Defense Force game.

5 Likes

I mean that’s basically what City Shrouded in Shadow is, isn’t it?

2 Likes