10,000 Bulletins: No One Can Stop the Presses! (Part 1)

This is the new news thread since the one the system generated fell into the negative zone.

(I moved the last few posts from the old news thread because i hate how the last few posts in a maxed out thread usually get the short end of the stick)

4 Likes

Kind of interesting. Apple moving to a progressive bracketing scheme. It’s the opposite of Steam which uses a regressive scheme (the bigger the developer, the lower the Steam cut they have the power to negotiate).

I suppose Apple is probably still secretly regressive on the higher end of revenue due to the same negotiation dynamic, so this change probably leaves a “donut hole” of mid-size apps getting slammed by the full 30% cut

hugely overdue and will make a big difference. it’s still high but it’s a big big material improvement

2 Likes

in other news I just finally tidied up my workflow so I can push electron apps to the app store, it was actually just a timing thing (the guy in our IT department who used to sign my apps with our org certificate got rotated out during IT’s current explosion so I had to start doing it myself) but hey, time to get that side hustle going

1 Like

RIP to everyone who got sucked into the negative zone.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Good thread title would maybe change to “no one can stop the news” just so it isn’t entirely impentrable to everyone.

Now to pull an ashcraft and look at Japanese twitter until I see a news item to complete this post.

Oh interview with various Sega personalities:

4 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes

Strong possibility this will be the greatest licensed game of all time (IO Interactive)

2 Likes

IO Interactive, in collaboration with MGM, EON Productions and Delphi announced today that they are developing and publishing the very first James Bond origin story with the working title Project 007. Project 007 will feature a wholly original Bond story exclusively as a video game.

(Emphasis mine) Ughhh

7 Likes
4 Likes

Only Timothy Dalton immolating a man for revenge with a lighter his friend Felix Leiter gave him can step to Hitman’s knack for the absurd

3 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

I thought part of the appeal was that nobody knows who James Bond is or where he really came from? I haven’t seen a James Bond movie in about 25 years, so I could be wrong. Can everyone just stop with the origin stories because they’re never interesting or any fucking good.

2 Likes

Yeah I was okay with some details about Bond being fleshed out in the recent movies but I don’t need a full on origin story for him, or for this game to fit into film canon or anything

the origin story thing seems like a mistake, and I’m not convinced this won’t be the same situation as Original Sin -> Baldur’s Gate, in which they’ve been seen to clearly earn a fitting license with Hitman but are now obliged to make the game less funny

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll do something clever with it and make the origin literally be “British writer with ties to British intelligence agencies creates a cooler alter ego for himself” and the levels you play are all basically retellings of heavily embellished stories from your Cold Warrior spy buddies.

6 Likes